[ BACK UP ]
Certificate in Communication Skills for Business – FETAC Level 5
- Understand the importance of communication skills and systems for personal and career success.
- Develop the assertiveness, confidence and skills to work effectively with colleagues and customers and deal positively with work situations.
- Learn about modern office communications systems and technology, prepare business documents and perform reception and customer service roles.
- Complete a personal skills analysis, prepare a professional CV, understand the job interview process and practice mock interviews.
- Successful candidates can go on to study other business modules and progress to further qualifications in business and management.
Students will be trained in:
- Effective interpersonal communication skills; active listening skills; assertiveness & confidence building techniques; dealing with challenging situations
- Reception skills and duties; front desk organisation, reception area maintenance, security and emergency procedures; providing excellent customer service
- Effective business telephone techniques; call screening; dealing with awkward situations
- Organising meetings and taking part in group discussions and decision-making.
- Visual communication skills, e.g., designing advertising, posters, presentation of information in visual format
- Critical and analytical reading skills; compose professional business letters, minutes, reports, memos, grammar & punctuation
- Communications technology: how to use a range of communication technologies, e.g., wordprocessing, email, internet, phone systems, etc.
- Students will undergo a personalised skills analysis, prepare a professional CV, understand the job interview process and practice mock interviews.
- Assessment will comprise of assignments and skills demonstrations.
- Successful candidates will be awarded FETAC level 5 Component Certificate in communication
11 February, Tuesdays, 10am – 3pm, 12 weeks
FETAC Level 4, Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied, mature students with relevant work or life experience, English language proficiency if appropriate.
Day time course: €375