[ BACK UP ]
Certificate in Communication Skills for Business – QQI Level 5
- Understand the importance of communication skills and systems for personal and career success.
- Develop the assertiveness, confidence and skills to work effectively with colleagues and customers and deal positively with work situations.
- Learn about modern office communications systems and technology, prepare business documents and perform reception and customer service roles.
- Complete a personal skills analysis, prepare a professional CV, understand the job interview process and practice mock interviews.
- Successful candidates can go on to study other business modules and progress to further qualifications in business and management.
Students will be trained in:
- Effective interpersonal communication skills; active listening skills; assertiveness & confidence building techniques; dealing with challenging situations
- Reception skills and duties; front desk organisation, reception area maintenance, security and emergency procedures; providing excellent customer service
- Effective business telephone techniques; call screening; dealing with awkward situations
- Organising meetings and taking part in group discussions and decision-making.
- Visual communication skills, e.g., designing advertising, posters, presentation of information in visual format
- Critical and analytical reading skills; compose professional business letters, minutes, reports, memos, grammar & punctuation
- Communications technology: how to use a range of communication technologies, e.g., wordprocessing, email, internet, phone systems, etc.
- Students will undergo a personalised skills analysis, prepare a professional CV, understand the job interview process and practice mock interviews.
- Assessment will comprise of assignments and skills demonstrations.
- Successful candidates will be awarded QQI Level 5 Component Certificate in communication
6 October, Tuesday, 7pm – 10pm, 24 weeks
Certificate in Communications is part of Certificate in Communications, Word Processing and Customer Service
FETAC Level 4, Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied, mature students with relevant work or life experience, English language proficiency if appropriate.