[ BACK UP ]
Certificate in Education Practice (JEB)
- The course aims to provide students with an introductory general teaching qualification which confirms their knowledge and understanding of core educational principles and their ability to teach.
- It is of benefit to anyone who intends to teach, train or instruct others and who want to gain prior knowledge and understanding of educational principles.
- It is also of interest to those who are in a role as a teacher, trainer, instructor or facilitator within an educational or commercial environment and want to achieve a qualification, which confirms their understanding of teaching and learning principles and practice.
- Principles of Teaching and Learning Examination
- Preparation of Teaching Portfolio
- Three hours of Teaching Practice
The programme involves teaching practice and includes the following modules:
Principles of Learning
- The Teaching and Learning Context
- Learning Theories and Principles
The Learning Process
- Teaching Strategies and Methods of Teaching
- Managing Teaching and Learning
Developing Teaching Practice
- Evaluating and Developing Own Practice
October 2013, Saturday, 10am – 1.15pm. 1 Saturday a month for 9 months
- Be at least 20 years old on the day of final assessment.
- Hold 5 passes in the Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
JEB Registration and Exam Fees: £115stg