[ BACK UP ]
Certificate in Communication Skills for Business
Course Aim and Opportunities
- Understand the importance of excellent communication skills and systems for personal and career success.
- Develop the assertiveness, confidence and skills to work effectively with colleagues and customers and deal positively with work situations.
- Learn about modern office communications systems and technology, prepare business documents and perform reception & customer service roles.
- Complete a personal skills analysis, prepare a professional CV, understand the job interview process and practice mock interviews.
- Successful candidates can go on to study other business modules and progress to further qualifications in business or management.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, assertiveness & confidence building techniques; personal image, discussion and negotiation skills; presentation skills etc.
- Reception skills and front desk organisation.
- Customer service skills; understanding excellence; maintaining customer databases, dealing with complaints, consumer legislation, etc.
- Effective business telephone techniques; call screening; dealing with awkward situations.
- Organising meetings, group discussions and decision-making.
- Visual communication skills, e.g., designing advertising, posters, presentation of information in visual format.
- Reading & writing skills; critical and analytical reading skills; compose professional business letters, minutes, reports, memos.
- Communications technology: how to use a range of communication technologies, e.g., word processing, email, internet, fax, business telephone skills.
Course Work & Certification
Assessment will comprise of assignments and skills demonstrations.
Successful candidates will be awarded FETAC Level 5 Component Certificate in Communications.
Tuesday, 10am – 3pm, 12 weeks
FETAC Level 4; Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied; Mature students with relevant work or life experience. English Language proficiency if appropriate