[ BACK UP ]
Certificate in Business Administration Skills – Fetac Level 5
- To develop participants’ understanding and skills in managing business operations and boost their career opportunities in public or private sector organisations.
- Particpants will develop skills to carry out a variety of roles in the administration, HR, and finance departments.
- The course gives a good introduction to management and the importance of developing quality administration systems for business success.
- Successful candidates can go on to study other business modules and progress to further qualifications in business or management.
- Types of organisations, the forms and structures of businesses and the activities of functional departments.
- The importance of the organisation’s environment and the factors internally and externally which influence the organisation’s direction and success using PEST and SWOT analysis.
- The functions of management and the use of quality systems in management and administration.
- The roles and functions of the HR department, recruitment procedures, personnel records, adhering to employment-related legislation.
- The administration of business finance, financial control procedures and insurance requirements.
- Types of meetings that take place within organisations, complete related documentation and organise and run meetings.
- Computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases to carry out a range of general administrative procedures and support the organisation’s management systems.
- Research assignment on a business organisation, its internal structures, departmental functions, communications and quality control systems; and SWOT and PEST analysis.
- A portfolio which shows skills in designing solutions to business administration tasks using IT applications such as spreadsheets, wordprocessing, databases, etc.
4 June 2013, Tuesday and Wednesday, 10am – 3pm, 4 weeks
FETAC Level 4, Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied, mature students with relevant work or life experience, English language proficiency if appropriate.
Night time course €425
Day time course €375