[ BACK UP ]
The aim of this module is to enable learners to develop word processing skills, understanding and application of word processing software and file management techniques to an acceptable business standard.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- acquire a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- acquire a working knowledge of Windows operating system and File Management techniques.
- develop the skills of personal initiative and resourcefulness in finding solutions to word processing tasks in a business setting.
- develop good work practices in relation to the use of the computer, printer, file management and materials.
- acquire skills in formatting and editing documents, inserting objects, document layouts, page layouts and producing a range of professionally presented mailable business documents.
- apply word processing features such as mail merge, tables, graphics, styles to perform tasks and procedures common in various business departments.
Assessment will be by a combination of assignments and an examination.
FETAC Level 4, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or life or work experience.
26 January, Tuesday, 7pm – 10pm, 16 weeks
Certificate in Word Processing is part of Certificate in Business Administration and Word Processing.