[ BACK UP ]
Computer Aided Design – Introduction to AutoCAD 2D
11th October, Tuesday, 7pm – 9pm, 10 weeks.
A general knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Windows.
3D sketch-up is used to create 3D models of anything – a 3D model of a house, redesign your living room, design a new piece of furniture, etc.
Students will learn to draw and render a 3D model of a cottage incorporating, people, trees, cars, symbols, etc.
Aimed at designers, draughtsmen, engineers, architects, interior designers or anyone who wishes to learn 3D drawing.
• Introduction to sketch-up and its advantages.
• Setting and navigating the drawing
• Explanation of the coordinate system.
• Toolbar set up; drawing lines and creating volumes.
• Editing, deleting, rotating, offsetting etc.
• Text creation.
• Extruding volumes to create shapes i.e. external walls and roof.
• Rendering with different finishes i.e. stone, timber, slates, etc.
• Presentation styles; Sun projection and shadows
• Printing; Conversion and exporting of model to jpeg, tiff etc.
• Using the on-line library to insert symbols e.g. trees, people, cars etc